1. A while back I did a post on “Representative” Deborah Wasserman-Schultz (Likud, Florida), an Israeli firster, who, among other things, is a member of the National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC), an organization we’ve been wanting to do an expose on here at Mantiq al-Tayr for quite some time. Sadly, the vicious assault by peace activists upon elite Israeli commando units in international waters this week has distracted our attention from the fine patriotic work of the NJDC. The NJDC is more evidence of the theory held here that the US Congress is not just controlled by the Zionist lobby, the US Congress is actually a part of the Zionist lobby. The NJDC website seems to exist to prove that thesis.
The CEO of the NJDC is Ira N. Forman. Here is an excerpt from his bio as provided on the NJDC website.
“From 1977 to 1981, Forman worked for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), where he served as legislative liaison and Political Director. From 1983 – 1985 he was the New York Director of the National PAC – at the time the largest pro-Israel PAC in the United States.”
So the head of the NJDC is a former paid lobbiest for two of the most powerful pro-Israel lobby groups in the United States.
I can hear you all now bitching, whining and moaning as usual “Mantiq, we want good stuff about the peace activists deliberately murdering, well not murdering, but pushing around and beating up superbly trained, pacifist, peace-loving Israeli commandos who were vacationing in the Mediterranean and were holding hands and singing Hatikvah when they were assaulted! We don’t need no info about no NJDC. Plus, you haven’t even had one anti-cat video in a hell of a long time. WTF is up with you?”
Well, guess what? Ira N. Forman has issued an official statement on behalf of the NJDC about the vicious assault on those commandos and we will post it in full below. But first, go here for a list of all the Democratic and independent Jewish members of Congress according to the NJDC. You might want to write to them and ask if they endorse Forman’s statement.
I am not going to comment on the statement itself, though I have highlighted certain parts in red. The statement itself says oh so much, oh so very much.
“We at the National Jewish Democratic Council are saddened by the regrettable loss of life during this weekend’s events. We know that Israel will investigate the matter fully and impartially, as it has done in the past.
[Okay, I have to make a comment, just can’t help myself. I gave a lot of thought to recording this statement aloud and putting a laugh track on it. Maybe I will at some point. Now let’s get back to business.]
However, every nation has a right to self-defense and Israel is no exception. Israel has a responsibility to enforce its naval blockade as a means to protect its citizens from the ever-present threat of weapons entering the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip – weapons that historically have been trained on Israeli civilians and soldiers alike. Those around the world who are so quick to judge Israel should pause and reflect upon how they would react if challenged under similar circumstances – since they would most likely react in the same way, in defense of the security of their citizens.
The American Jewish community should also understand the role that our government has played in the past 24 hours, from President Barack Obama’s close contact with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to our representation at the United Nations. As Politico reported today, it appears that President Obama is the only world leader to give Israel the benefit of the doubt regarding this unfortunate incident.
NJDC applauds President Obama and his Administration for all of their productive efforts in support of Israel. The Obama Administration’s successful work to keep this incident in perspective – and replace a one-sided anti-Israel statement within the UN Security Council with a more measured one – demonstrates yet again that President Obama will not waiver from America’s time-honored responsibility to ensure that Israel is treated in a fair manner in international bodies. Through its actions, the Obama Administration has made it clear that a biased investigation into the matter will not be tolerated and that Israel’s enemies will not be able to use this incident as a tool to delegitimize the Jewish State.”
2. The NJDC has great love for the Palestinians. We know this because the NJD supports “Mossad Jane” Harman who in turn supports the two-state solution. However, (apparently) fellow Jew, Marcy Winograd, running against Harman for the Democratic nomination for Harman’s seat, does not. Winograd is warned by the NJDC that she had better support two states. The warning, and believe me it is extremely revealing and in a way downright funny, is entitled:
“Jewish Dems to Marcy Winograd: Support Two States”
Yeah, she better or they’ll cut off the head of a gefilte fish and put it in her bed. From the text of the warning itself:
” Harman is a staunch advocate for Israel and supports a negotiated two-state solution to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, placing her within the mainstream. Winograd, in complete contrast, supports a bi-national one-state solution—the same solution supported by some of Israel’s fiercest detractors.”
So, just like Alan Derwoshitz accusing Judge Goldstone of being a traitor because he dared criticize Israel’s barbaric behavior, Ira Foreman and his outfit are telling Winograd to shut the fuck up.
Except, it seems that Ms. Winograd does not intend to shut the fuck up. In fact, according to the very same document she did something that in and of itself would get all of the tuyuur here at Mantiq al-Tayr to vote for her – twice if possible. 🙂
“Not only do I think a two-state solution is unrealistic, but also fundamentally wrong, because it only reinforces heightened nationalism. You cannot establish a democracy in a state founded on the institutionalized superiority or exclusivity of one of [sic] religion, ethnicity or culture. I do not support the notion of an Islamic state or a Christian state any more than I support a Jewish state.”
But Ms. Winograd gets even better, and I am sure the following, all quoted in the very same document, is what really pissed off Forman and company and which also would get all of the tuyuur here to vote for Ms. Windograd three times. (With electronic voting machines, anything is possible. It kind of reminds me of all those Xero commercials years ago with Christian Monks, looking stupid and saying “It’s a miracle” but I digress.)
“Winograd also questioned the loyalty of Members of Congress who support Israel, saying “I would hope that all of our lawmakers would pledge allegiance to this country as the country they represent.”
Well, goys and girls, that comment really jerked Forman’s uzzi, so the NJDC fired back with:
“Today Ira Forman, CEO of the National Jewish Democratic Council, said of Winograd’s position:
“Winograd’s position on Israel stands in direct contrast to President Obama’s efforts to foster a two-state solution between the Israelis and the Palestinians. It’s also a slap in the face to the current leadership of Israel and the Palestinian Authority, who just received high praise from Obama’s Special Envoy for Middle East Peace, former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, because of their commitment to achieving a negotiated two-state solution.
“A one state solution means the end of Israel, period. Winograd needs to know that support for a one-state solution is not acceptable to Jews, Democrats, and those who care about peace with dignity for Israelis and Palestinians.”
So, as you can see, the NJDC just loves them there Palestinians. That’s why it supported the murder of pro-Palestinian peace activists by Israeli commandos. I mean, even Shas Party members can understand this.
Even more interesting though is that the NJDC supports Jane Harman, who seems to be knee deep, maybe waist deep, actually mouth deep, in Israeli espionage in the US, over Winograd, all because of the NJDC’s support for the state of Israel.
3. Okay, here’s two videos, neither about cats. I’m not in the mood. Shas Party members, see if you can find the relationship between these two videos and the material above.
Now here is part of a GRITtv interview with Huwaida Arraf. This is just part of the interview which included Norman Finkelstein as well, although this excerpt does not. He too had some good things to say. Ms. Arraf got beat up pretty good by the peace-loving pacifist Israeli commandos Ira Forman and the NJDC love so much.
4. Hanin Zoabi (a terrible transliteration of her name, but it seems to be a common one), is an Arab-Israeli Member of the Knesset who was on board the Mavi Marmara. Since being released from detention she has been, not surprisingly, treated like dirt by her Knesset “colleagues”. One MK, Miri Regev, even told her in Arabic, “Go to Gaza, traitor.” [Actually, Ms. Zoabi would have done just that had not the Israeli commandos stormed the ship at night and killed a bunch of people and taken the ship to Ashdod instead. But I digress.] Another MK, Mutz Matalon – who really ought to join the NJDC – said “Unfortunately, the (commando) fighters (who raided the aid flotilla) acted with too much restraint. They left only nine floating voters.”
Anyway, Ms. Zoabi (for you Arabists, her name is حنين الزعبي), is quite the fighter. She has more guts than all of Capital Hill combined.
Here she is on al-Jazeera talking about how people died because the pacifist commandos refused to provide medical attention. [That’s in the last section of this clip.]
And here she is on the Israeli ass-kissing Al-‘Arabiyya channel kicking ass. She knows that we cannot allow Israel to control the narrative and she will not let the “interviewer” do so. You don’t need to understand Arabic to see the kind of spirit she has.
الله معك يا حنين
5. So, today we have looked briefly at Ira Forman, the NJDC, Jane Harman, Marcy Winograd, Huwaida Arraf and Hanin Zoabi.
Which ones do you like? And which ones are “traitors” as MK Miri Regev said of Ms. Zoabi?